2020 was a tough year for everyone, including GlobeIn, and this unfortunately impacted the GlobeIn experience for many of our subscribers.
Let’s face it: in 2020, we messed up. We sent shipments late. We sent you broken items. We sent orders with missing items. We took too long to respond to your customer support enquiries.
We know that all of this has been extremely frustrating as a customer. We’d be frustrated too, and we’re really sorry.
But the good news is, we have come a long way.
New orders for the Artisan Shop are now being fulfilled in 24-48 hours in most cases.
Our customer support team is caught up on tickets and back to responding to you within an average of 24 hours.
After many delays as a result of COVID-19 and our warehouse move, we are happy to say that all of 2020’s shipments that can be delivered, have shipped.
We know it’s been a long time coming, and we can’t thank you enough for sticking by us during this difficult time. We’ve learnt a lot from this experience and we have heard all of the valuable feedback you have shared. We’ve been listening to your questions, suggestions, and concerns about how we can make GlobeIn a better place to serve our customers and the artisans we work with.
Thanks to you, this year you’re going to see a whole new GlobeIn.
What’s new at GlobeIn?
Here are some of the exciting changes that have helped us get back on track.
- We moved to a new warehouse that’s now setup to ship your items faster.
- We hired new senior team members to work directly with our warehouse to improve your shipping experience – welcome Ron, our Head of Logistics!
- We hired new customer support team members to help us improve response time – welcome Deja, Marjorie and Juliet!
- We created a contact form on the website to streamline our customer support enquiries and get you responses faster. You can easily select from a drop down menu the question or concern that you have. Access the form here.
- We started using a new ERP system, which will create more accurate tracking numbers and help us accurately determine incoming stock, so that customer support can let customers know about replacement items that are not currently in stock but will be very soon.
We’ve also been working on some exciting improvements to make your overall GlobeIn experience better. Here are some of the other changes we’ve made:
- We added the SuperMaven feature to reward our loyal customers with early access – any subscribers who have been with us for longer than 6 months (or purchase a 6 month+ subscription) get early access to the Add-Ons marketplace and theme selection.
- We improved our website and developed an app to help make selecting your box smoother.
- We added new benefits to your subscription like GlobeIn Adventures, where you can join free classes to learn about new cultures or skills.
- We enabled a new Add-Ons feature called ‘Ship Immediately’ – you can read more about it here.
- We added a timer to your Add-Ons cart to help make sure everyone can get access to the Add-Ons they love. (Read more about this and other recent changes here).
- We started launching boxes in ‘collections’ so you can see how they were curated to fit together and look forward to future boxes for the coming months. Maybe you’ll even want to collect them all!
- We changed the name of your monthly box to more accurately reflect shipment times.
- We ran an open Town Hall session with some members of our team so you could hear what we’ve been up to and voice your questions, concerns and feedback.
- And we’ll be running more focus groups to get your insights on our upcoming product changes too!
We’re still working on improvements to packaging to reduce breakages, and even make it more sustainable (check this out!). We are developing improved packaging solutions for the products we’ve identified as experiencing the most issues, and will engage the artisans with the capacity to modify their packaging to add protection beyond the corrugated box. For those without the capacity to modify their packaging, we will leverage the FedEx packaging lab to help engineer an optimized solution to protect these products during transit.
We know we still have a lot to work on, and we always aim to continuously improve. We love to hear your feedback and ideas, so please contact us through our feedback form if you have any to share.
Thank you for your continued support!
We want to thank you so much for being by our side while we worked to implement new changes that will make GlobeIn a better community for everyone for many years to come. This year is full of possibilities, and we’re ready to put 2020 behind us and get back to doing what we do best… Back to introducing you to new global items you can use in your home, to building our awesome mavens community, and to sharing how you #globeinyourway. When GlobeIn works, it spreads joy from your home to the homes of thousands of artisans around the world.
If it weren’t for your support, the artisans who we work with would have a challenging time making a livelihood and creating change in their communities. We’re humbled knowing that customers like you believe in our mission and recognize that change and growth is always possible.