Father’s Day is approaching quickly (Sunday, June 18th!) and if your dad is notoriously hard to shop for, surprise him with a thoughtful gift that gives back. Here are our six favorite fair trade Father’s Day gift ideas, dedicated to empowerment, sustainability, and style.
1) Produced in a Fair Trade Certified factory in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia that employees more than 70 people, Oliberte Shoes are at the forefront of ethical fashion. Their shoes are well-made and styles range from Chukka boots to sneakers to women’s flats.
2) Is Dad a whiz in the kitchen? He’ll love this intricately carved rosewood tablet and book stand, so he can prop up his recipes within easy reach.
3) Crafted in a renowned Mexican glassblowing workshop, this handblown glass mug will hold his drink of choice AND look great on the coffee table.
4) Speaking of drinks…supply dad with a flavorful assortment of organic Numi Tea. Help him discover a new favorite flavor or stock up on a long-time favorite, while giving back to global communities by supporting Numi’s fair trade and labor practices.
5) Our friends at Hammock Boutique are the world’s handmade hammock experts. Made in Mexico’s Yucatan, where everyone sleeps in a hammock every night (so comfort is key!), a new hammock will be Dad’s favorite place to spend an afternoon.
6) Curated to encourage relaxation, the GlobeIn Unwind Artisan Box has everything any guy needs to kick back and take it easy.
Need more inspiration? Shop the rest of our Father’s Day Collection here and take 20% off with code DAD2017.